Do you know that chocolate has health benefits? Yes, it does!
Chocolate has been dubbed the “Forbidden Food” because it causes people to feel guilty when they consume it. Here’s a secret! you can have a healthy relationship with chocolate.
You read that right!
For generations, chocolate has been recognised as a treat associated with happiness. It gives a diverse range of flavours and textures that delight our taste buds. However, when it comes to selecting the healthiest choice, the debate between dark chocolate and milk chocolate still continues.
Through this blog, we will explore and compare all the facts to determine which chocolate has better health benefits. Continue reading to unveil the delicious truth about which type of chocolate is good for your health.
Dark Chocolate Vs Milk Chocolate: What’s the difference?
There are many nutritional differences between dark and milk chocolate.
Sugar and Fat content:
Milk chocolate often contains more sugar and saturated fats than dark chocolate, making it an unhealthy option for sugar patients and those wanting to reduce their sugar intake. It may contribute to Diabetes, higher cholesterol and obesity. On the other hand, Dark chocolate has a more bitter flavour due to its reduced sugar content and has more healthy fats.
Taste and Texture:
One of the most noticeable variations between dark and milk chocolate is their taste and texture. Dark chocolate has a stronger, bitter flavour and a firmer texture. Milk chocolate has a gentler, sweeter flavour and a creamier, smoother texture.
Dark Chocolate Benefits:
Nutrients in dark chocolate make it a popular choice for those seeking a healthier indulgence.
They are loaded with lots of health benefits such as:
- High cocoa content and antioxidants: Dark Chocolate has 50-90% cocoa solids in dark chocolate. Cocoa contains more antioxidants which reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Many studies suggest that dark chocolates help to relieve period cramps.
- Dark chocolate has also been demonstrated to lower tension and anxiety, making it an excellent choice for individuals seeking a mood boost.
- Flavanols help to improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Dark chocolate is good for weight loss and improves metabolism.
- The caffeine and theobromine in dark chocolate can help to improve cognitive function, including memory and concentration.
- Dark chocolate may also benefit brain function.
Milk Chocolate Benefits
While dark chocolate is frequently referred to as the healthier choice, milk chocolate also has some health benefits worth mentioning.
Here are some of the health benefits of milk chocolate:
- Milk chocolate contains milk solids, which are rich in calcium and vitamins like A and D.
- Serotonin, a neurotransmitter found in Milk chocolate helps to regulate mood and promote feelings of happiness.
- It can aid in the reduction of tension and anxiety.
Conclusion: Which is Healthier?
Every human being has varied preferences in all facets of their existence. Chocolates are not left out of this decision. Some enjoy dark chocolate’s bitterness while others prefer Milk chocolates because of its sweetness.
However, it is essential to remember that both forms of chocolate can be used in moderation as part of a healthy and balanced diet. Both Chocolates have health benefits but white chocolates do not contain as many healthy compounds as dark chocolates.
The reason behind this is the higher concentration of Cocoa. Cocoa is a rich source of flavanols, a plant chemical that is good for heart health and offers a wide range of health benefits. Dark chocolate has 50 – 90 % of cocoa, which means more the quantity of flavanols, the better the health.
So the ultimate winner in terms of health is “Dark Chocolate”!
Follow VMax Fit, for more healthy tips and updates.
For personalized diets and workout sessions contact VMax, your holistic and wellness partner.